Thursday, July 31, 2014

Who Knew!

Mark and I are very overweight.  We are done having babies and  are ready to move on to the next phase of life.  We both need more energy and to be healthier.  So, one of our new adventure is eating healthier.

We first decided what dinners we eat already that are pretty healthy.  Some of those include tacos/burritos, potato bar, grilled chicken with rice/potatoes & veggies, stir fry and fajitas.  Not to bad but, not enough meals to keep us in the eating healthy category.

Last week we introduced some new recipes (the pictures link to the recipes)
 
These Crispy black bean & rice Burritos  were really good and pretty easy.  I just need a bigger griddle.
This Power Turkey meatloaf we all loved.  It was easy and full of good veggies.  I was amazed at how much the kids liked it.

We also have done what I call Chicken Bake.  You bake the Chicken, veggies and potatoes all in one pan and sprinkle italian dressing mix on top and  pore butter or olive oil over top of that.  It is delicious.  We have had it 3 times.  We have done crab cakes.  This was pretty yummy but, I think I need to find a better recipe or else chop up my crab better.

Our most recent try and success (at least for Mark, DeeDee & Me) was crustless Quiche.
This was delicious and easy (I used the whole egg and not just the whites.)

Who knew that eating healthy could be so easy and yummy.  Mark is doing excellent and has lost at least 10 pounds through eating healthier and regular exercise.  I have lost 4 pounds and the kids are learning better eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to read your comments but, please remember this is a family show. Can't wait to hear from you.